2015-16 Annual Report
In 2015-16, Gladstone Ports Corporation welcomed a new Chief Executive Officer, Peter O'Sullivan, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) export industry came on line for their first full year of trade and Auckland Point welcomed woodchip processing and its first cruise ship, the result of two years planning. GPC reached a new trade record of 116.7 million tonnes of throughput across our Port precincts - Port of Gladstone, Port of Rockhampton and Port of Bundaberg.
- EBIT 7% over target.
- Record tonnage throughput of 116.7Mt.
- Closure of Barney Point Terminal to coal in line with community expectations.
- Maintained ISO 14001:2004 Environmental accreditation.
- Maintained AS 4801 accredited Safety Management System.
- Commenced cruise ship visits to the Port of Gladstone.
- Developing and leveraging new business opportunities with a changing financial profile.
- Driving business sustainability and adapting to new environmental standards under the Sustainable Ports Development Act 2015.
- Downturn in resources industries.
- Improving safety.
- Implementing port vessel management and scheduling system.
- Delivering the offset commitments of the Western Basin Dredging and Disposal project (WBDDp).
- Commence design and finalise funding options for East Shores Stage 1b.
Statement of Corporate Intent 2015-16