2017-18 Annual Report
In 2017-18, GPC’s three ports, Bundaberg, Gladstone and Rockhampton handled over 120.2 million tonne (Mt) of cargo, 119.4Mt of which was handled through the Port of Gladstone. In addition to trade growth and strong financial and safety performance, more than $2.8 million has been invested in the Gladstone, Bundaberg and Rockhampton regions to fund community projects and provide and maintain GPC parklands.
- 100% of employees completed Switch On Safety Training
- Celebrated our first two Cross Industry Operations Traineeship Graduates
- The Knauf Plasterboard Manufacturing Facility in Bundaberg commenced operations
- Re-establishing Barney Point Terminal as a non-coal bulk handling facility after 49 years as a coal terminal
- Responded to supply chain challenges
- GPC will continue to progress the Clinton Channel widening works.
- GPC will finalise the development of a Sustainability Strategy which will be embedded in the workplace.
- Advance East Shores Stage 1B and Auckland Point cruise ship interface design and construction works.
- Successfully execute GPC’s ILU A and RAP to ensure the continuation of sustainable contributions to the local Indigenous community.