Our Environmental Commitment
Mission: To responsibly manage, develop and facilitate the prosperity of others through operating our Port facilities and services in an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable manner. We recognise our port facilities and services are located in estuarine environments of high conservation value, and as such we have a responsibility to protect and preserve our environment. To meet our environmental responsibilities, Gladstone Ports Corporation (GPC) complies with environmental approvals for specific activities which may impact environmental values and cause environmental risk. GPC has implemented an Environment Policy and is committed to:
- developing and actively performing our work under an Environmental Management System (EMS) certified to AS/NZS ISO 14001:2015
- maintaining our certification and demonstrating continual improvement
- operating in a manner that allows for sustainable development and minimises environmental harm to the port and surrounding areas
- improving the level of awareness and understanding of our employees and the wider community
- establishing environmental strategies in association with external stakeholders.
Our dedicated Environment Team are committed to protecting and enhancing the environments in which we operate for future generations to enjoy.
Find out more about: