GPC is committed to providing residents and visitors to Gladstone with greater access to the waterfront through the provision of exceptional parklands and facilities such as the Marina Parklands, Spinnaker Park and the East Shores Parklands.
Our parkland facilities include:
- a water play park, BBQs
- picnic areas
- sheltered seating areas
- public amenities
- a beached cove
- native wetlands and ponds
- Kilometres of walking tracks.
Dogs are permitted at our parklands but must be kept on a leash at all times.
Parkland events and functions
If you are looking at holding a function in the Marina or Spinnaker Parklands with more than 50 attendees or involving the use of a marquee and/or amusement rides, we encourage you to view the categories below. A bond may be applicable.
Community and/or Major Events
To request permission to host a community event or major event (250+ attendees) please click here to complete an Expression of Interest.
To request permission to host a birthday party, social gathering or similar please click here to complete a Private Function Parklands Application Form.
To request permission to hold a wedding, please click here to complete a Weddings Parklands Application Form.
To request permission to host a bootcamp, personal training sessions or a fitness class please click here to complete a Fitness Session Application Form.
Before you apply
Before you apply, please ensure you can provide:
- the event type e.g. birthday party
- the event date and approximate start and finish times
- the desired area e.g. Marina Area C (see Parkland maps above)
- the approximate number of attendees
- if any infrastructure will be utilised e.g. marquee, jumping castle etc.
- any suppliers or vendors you may look to engage (e.g. food vans)
- a copy of your current Public Liability Insurance (if you are an organisation using an area).
CCTV camera surveillance
GPC uses security cameras to ensure public safety, for the investigation and prosecution of criminal offences and for the investigation of any safety, environmental or security incidents.
CCTV footage and audio recordings are accessed by persons authorised to do so. In the event of an incident, recordings may be provided to the Queensland Police Service and other state and federal government departments for law enforcement purposes. For further information contact our Security Team on 07 4976 1350.