A world-class waterfront for the Gladstone community
The East Shores precinct provides a world-class recreational hub for residents and visitors to meet, relax, exercise and have fun, in addition to the 43 hectares of existing space at the nearby Gladstone Marina and Spinnaker Park.
The community parkland has been designed to reflect a sustainable industrial city and generate local pride for the people of Gladstone, while demonstrating the contribution of Gladstone’s coal exporters to the community.
Stage 1A of the East Shores Parkland was completed in 2014, providing the community with exceptional access to the harbour through the popular recreation area, waterpark, open green space and waterfront promenade.
Stage 1B of the East Shores Parkland opened in August 2020, bringing a range of new facilities to the precinct including a waterfront café, cruise terminal, boot camp, outdoor theatre, and additional barbeque facilities.
East Shores 1A
- Parks and Leisure Australia (PLA) Queensland Award of Excellence for Parks & Open Space – Development
- Parks and Leisure Australia (PLA) National Award of Excellence for Parks & Open Space – Development
- CQ Master Builders Awards for CQ Project of the Year (awarded to Hutchinson’s Builders)
- Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA) for Award of Excellence for Urban Design (awarded to Urbis)
- Planning Institute of Australia (PIA) for Great Place Award (awarded to Urbis)
East Shores 1A
- East Shores 1B – Parks and Leisure Australia (PLA) Queensland Award of Excellence for Park of the Year